When I was in Palermo for New Year’s Eve, I saw this stall with lemons, some of them the size of an American football. They were sold as a snack and I tried one of course. It’s less sour than a lemon, but still very refreshing. It’s far less juicy and consists almost exclusively of white pith.
Would you like a postcard from South America?
- The dog is watching out
- What do we eat in Peru?
- Timișoara: European Capital of Culture 2021
- A good reason not to care about global warming
- My favorite quotes from “Journey by Moonlight”
- Easily Confused (60) Dehumanization
- “Intellectuals for Trump”
- George Bush Sr. and Ronald Reagan on Immigration and a Fence with Mexico
CategoriesApulia Bolivia Books Brazil Death Economics Education Elections Environment Europe Films Food German Law Germany Health History Holocaust Human Rights Immigration Law Iran Islam Israel Italy James Bond Language Law Life Lithuania London Malta Maps Media Military Montenegro Philosophy Photography Politics Religion Romania Russia Sicily Sports Statistics Technology Terrorism Travel UK USA Video Blog World War II